Sometimes the challenges we face in our daily lives become too difficult to manage alone.
At Stonegate CHC, our Counsellors give clients the opportunity to be listened in a supportive and encouraging environment. Counselling is offered to individuals, couples, families or groups to help cope with the challenges of:
- personal, job, relationship, parenting and family problems
- aging and caring for an aging family member
- dealing with separation, divorce and new relationships
- surviving domestic violence and sexual abuse
- accessing community resources
- dealing with sexual and gender orientation issues;
- coping with the impact of HIV / AIDS
- coping with the stresses of settling in a new country
- living in poverty and having adequate income
Mental Health Counselling
Qualified and trained counsellors can offer support to help clients address a variety of mental health issues, including depression and anxiety. Counselling can be a rewarding experience as long as the client stays committed, and opens up to new perspectives on seeing themselves and their surroundings. It is important that the client attend scheduled sessions and provides feedback throughout the counselling process. Together we can find a solution.
If you are interested in speaking with one of our counsellors see Becoming a Client at Stonegate CHC.
Settlement Services for Newcomers
Experienced settlement workers and other staff can provide information and orientation, referral, solution focussed counselling, advocacy and asssitance with filling out forms and accessing government services for newcomers to Canada.
To learn more about newcomer and immigrant support services please contact us.
Income Tax Clinic
Stonegate CHC is committed to helping clients and commuinty members address issues related to poverty and income. Our strategy includes offereing free help with annual income tax returns and help to access all the income supports and tax credits you may be entitled to.
To learn more about these services please contact us.