Volunteers Needed: Board of Directors
We are looking for interested and experienced local residents to support our work by joining the Board.
Stonegate Community Health Centre is a charitable organization serving the Stonegate\Parklawn community. We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who ensure the continued effective functioning of the Health Centre through providing Board governance, overall management and financial oversight of the Centre’s operations.
The Board is accountable to the Central Toronto LHIN and the Ontario Ministry of Health for those activities of the Community Health Centre (CHC) for which the Central Toronto LHIN and Ministry of Health have provided funding. Our objective is to have a Board that has a variety of skills and a diversity of experience. We try to ensure that the composition of the Board reflects the diversity of our community.
We are looking for committed volunteers who are:
- Interested in working in a Board environment and taking a leadership role in the community
- Comfortable actively participating in group discussions at both Board and Committee meetings
- Available and willing to commit an average of 5 to 10 hours per month, including attending a monthly Board Meeting
The Board has three major responsibilities:
- Policy determination
- Hiring, Monitoring and Evaluating the Executive Director
- Reviewing operational and financial controls
We are now accepting applications. If you are interested, please click here and complete the Application Form for Prospective Board Members before May 31, 2013. If you have any questions about the Board or this position, please call 416-231-7070 ext. 224 and leave a message. Either the Board Chair or Vice-Chair will return your call.
Becoming a Volunteer at Stonegate CHC
Volunteers play an important role at Stonegate CHC. Many community members and clients contribute their time and energy as volunteers, and work together with our Team to support a wide variety of programs and services.
Volunteers at Stonegate CHC support:
- After school children and youth programs
- Early Years programs for children and parents
- Community Food Programs and Community Gardens
- Senior’s and Women’s Programs
- Community Outreach and Advocacy efforts
- Health Centre Governance by serving on the Stonegate Community Association Board of Directors
Volunteers are expected to act in accordance with Stonegate CHC’s Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles, and comply with the Centre’s policies and procedures in keeping with their roles and responsibilities.
If you are interested in volunteering at Stonegate CHC, please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form or drop by for an application.