We are looking for interested local residents to join the Board of Directors
Stonegate Community Health Centre (“CHC”) is a charitable organization serving the Stonegate community. Our vision is to create a healthy, active and inclusive community where physical, mental and social well-being is achieved. Stonegate Community Health Centre works to improve the well-being of our community. Together, we identify individual and community needs and respond by providing accessible and inclusive health services and health promotion programs.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the CHC. We are looking for committed individuals who are:
- Interested in taking a leadership role in the community
- Comfortable participating in group discussions at meetings
- Available and willing to commit an average of 5-10 hours per month, including participating in monthly meetings and serving on at least one Board committee
Our objective is to have a Board of Etobicoke residents with a variety of skills and experience. We want our Board of Directors to reflect the diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage candidates who are women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and people with disabilities to apply for this position. We aim to have a Board that holds a variety of perspectives and ultimately can make more informed decisions about the populations we serve.
The Board works together in three main areas:
1. Ensuring the CHC is leading the charge to create as much community impact as possible
2. Ensuring the CHC is complying with all its legal obligations
3. Ensuring the CHC’s work is getting done in all program/operational areas
Please click on Stonegate Board Application to complete or application. We will be conducting the interviews virtually over the summer with the first meeting of the Board scheduled in November. Board meetings have been held virtually during the pandemic.